CASE STUDY: TRANSACTION SERVICES
$1 Billion Multi-Company Roll-Up by Chicago PE Firm
- During a 5-year planned roll-up, Chernoff Diamond performed ongoing benefits design, cost, compliance and actuarial analysis on eight companies.
- Each successive transaction presented unique issues including underfunded multiemployer pension funds, Affordable Care Act risk and non-conforming benefit structures.
- Chernoff Diamond determined exposure and developed solutions to facilitate deal completion.
Post-Close Transition & Integration Services
- Developed and implemented a flexible market-focused program for medical, welfare and retirement plans with an accommodative HRIS infrastructure to facilitate onboarding of new employee populations having diverse expectations and limited to no HR support.
- Eight separate portfolio company plans were fully integrated, producing more than $3.5 million in aggregate savings.
- The results were increased employee satisfaction and a meaningful increase to the bottom line that will produce greater future sale value.