CASE STUDY: TRANSACTION SERVICES
$465 Million Consolidation for Boston-NY-Atlanta Firm
Pre-Merger Services Rendered:
- Performed medical and qualified plan due diligence to evaluate existing multi-company designs, ERISA and ACA compliance, relative benefits and costs.
- Identified core benefit differences, cost disparities, network conflicts, and contingent liabilities including ERISA plan compliance and tax issues in respect of prospective plan merger.
- Developed blended plan designs and directional contribution strategies that balanced geographic cost disparities, resolved post-merger liabilities and provided comprehensive procurement services resulting in reduced gross and net costs to participants and Newco.
- Prepared communication and enrollment programs.
Post-Close Services Rendered:
- Implemented new medical, welfare and integrated retirement plans, capturing $1 million in efficiencies.
- Managed on-site employee enrollment, participant workshops and ongoing communication programs.