- This event has passed.
Webinar Academy Series Presents: Answers to Your NY Paid Family Leave Questions
October 19, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
We know that NY employers will be required to provide paid leave to NY employees to care for new, seriously ill and military family members beginning January 1, 2018.
We know the start-up of any new program can be overwhelming.
We know you still have lots of questions as you prepare to implement and administer NY Paid Family Leave.
Based on the latest information from New York State and the insurance community, Chernoff Diamond is hosting this 1-hour webinar to answer many questions about the NY Paid Family Leave program you may have. This webinar will answer questions on a variety of topics such as:
- Eligibility: Out-of-state, variable hour and seasonal employees, leaves-of-absence during the eligibility period, and status changes from part-time to full-time
- Contributions and Premiums: What to withhold, taxation, when to begin deductions, opt-outs and carrier billing
- Benefit Payments: How is the amount determined, weekly and intermittent benefits, office closings and holidays, claim filing process and employer and employee responsibilities
- Managing Time Off Policies: Coordinating with FMLA, employer paid time off, NYC earned sick time, DBL, STD, maternity/paternity leaves
- Action Steps: What’s an employer to do now?
About The Presenters:
Ralph A. Sepe is a Partner in the Health & Benefits practice. Mr. Sepe’s role is to understand clients’ short and long term objectives, then to work closely with the firm’s internal and external resources to develop a customized benefits program that meets each client’s business, financial and competitive requirements. Having over 25 years’ experience in the industry affords Mr. Sepe the knowledge and expertise necessary to not only develop a truly unique benefits program for each client, but also the ability to organize the resources needed to implement and maintain a successful program that exceeds client expectations.
Jill Bergman, CEBS®, is Vice President of Compliance in the Health & Benefits division. As a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist®, Ms. Bergman monitors federal and state-level employee benefit plan legislation and regulations to help clients understand and comply with the ever-changing health and welfare plan requirements as well as continuing to closely watch and report on the progress of healthcare reform implementation under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Chernoff Diamond is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.0 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.